COVID-19 Virus Impact on the DI Swim Team
As we are adjusting to the reality of school and businesses closing due to the COVID-19 virus, some of you may be wondering what will be the effect on summer swim this year. The short answer is that we do not know what is going to happen. We will continue to prepare for the season until we have a definitive answer.
Registration will occur on the dates listed on the Team Schedule: April 1 for returning swimmers and April 8 for open registration. Our current plan is to conduct the registration in two phases.
Phase 1 will consist of signing up swimmers and collecting contact information. No fees will be charged at this time. Age group size limits will be in place as in the past.
Phase 2 will take place when we know that the swim season is going to happen. At that time an email will go out to all families that registered in phase one with a link to complete the registration process and pay fees for the swimmers.
We believe that this process allows us to prepare for the season to happen while not complicating a potential shortened or cancelled season with full or partial refunds, which would have to be in the form of checks with our current system.
The Parent Meeting and Kickoff Breakfast are on hold until we understand what our season will look like. The good news is that we have over 200 swimmers signed up in Phase 1 registration so the interest and commitment from our team is as strong as ever. We are hopeful that we can get back in the water in next few weeks.
Stay safe, keep in shape, and keep each other encouraged!