- Each family must earn 100 volunteer points as outlined in the Volunteer Opportunities list that follows. Families with only 5-6 year old swimmer(s) must earn 50 volunteer points.
For any family that chooses to earn less than the required points, they can pay $2.00 for every unearned point. Any family who has not earned their points and/or paid for the unearned points will not be able to register for the next swim season.
- Each swimmer should bring two 12-packs of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite (only these brands), two 8-packs of Gatorade, or 2 cases water to the Kick-off Breakfast or Time Trials
SWIMMER Registration Requirements
- Swimmer must be a resident of Daniel Island. Exceptions:
- Students and/ or Swim Team members of Bishop England HS are eligible to swim.
- Daniel Island Lifeguard staff is eligible to swim for team.
- Immediate family of coaching staff is eligible to swim for team.
- Swimmer must be able to swim one length of the pool independently in both freestyle and backstroke.
- All new 5-6 and 7-8 age swimmers will be evaluated by the coaching staff before being place on the team.
- Registration fee is $125 per swimmer for DICA members and $150 for non-DICA members. A late fee of $50 extra will be added after April 30th. No swimmer can attend practice without completing the registration and payment process.
- $5 from each registration fee will go toward the CCAA scholarship fund.
- Each family must earn 100 volunteer points as outlined in the Volunteer Requirements section.
- Each swimmer should bring two 12-packs of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite (these brands only, 2 8-packs of Gatorade, or 2 cases water to the kick-off breakfast or to the pool on or before June 4th
- In order to register for future swim seasons as a "Returning Family" the swimmer must swim in 5 meets, at least 2 of which must be away meets (but we really hope you will come to them all!)